The addition of Spurgeon Assisted Living - opening in December 2019 - has provided a much needed level of care on our campus.
There are 24 units in three assisted living wings and 16 units in a secured memory care area. With a spectacular setting unlike any in Iowa, the new facility includes a quarter-mile walking path around the building with beautiful views of farm fields, wildflowers and gardens and is connected to the Raccoon River Valley Bike Trail!
If you or a loved one is interested in calling the new Spurgeon Assisted Living "home", please call Lynette at 515.992.5005 or 992-3735 for more information!
Our assisted living concept focuses on providing individualized apartment living, for those who choose not to (or are no longer able to) live on their own. From active tenants who require minimum assistance to those requiring more personalized care, we provide just the right amount of assistance while allowing the maximum amount of independence appropriate for each individual.Tenants can receive the services they want or need in four distinct service levels for a monthly fee; with additional services available depending on the the degree of assistance required. Tenants can choose from one or two bedroom apartments.
Services and Amenities:
- Kitchenette in every unit
- building is secured and alarmed 24 hrs
- centralized dining with on-site production kitchen
- on-site: salon, spa and exercise rooms
- quarter-mile sidewalk around facility, connected to Raccoon Valley River Trail
- Beautifully landscaped, courtyard and wildflower gardens
- 24-hr staffing
- emergency call pendant
- continental breakfast, restaurant style noon and evening meals
- weekly housekeeping with bed-linen change
- nursing assessment
- scheduled activities and social events
- free wifi throughout the building